Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Apartment Renovation: Before

Last year, my wife and I purchased the studio next door with the idea that we'd rip down a wall, put up a few closets, and transform our current 550 square foot 1 bedroom into a true 2 bed, 2 bath combo. Flash forward twelve months and we are finally starting construction. It's not that we've been dragging our feet -- it's just that choosing the architect, contractor, floor plans and building materials and obtaining Dept. of Buildings and co-op board approval takes time.

So, here are a few shots of the studio (I estimate it at 400 square feet) that I took before our contractors started demolition:















Yes, the bathroom was perhaps the grimest room I've seen since hitchhiking thru the Sinai back in '94. We've asked the contractors to make sure that room gets demo'd first.

No comments: